According to a recent survey, 82% of Americans think small businesses should be the top priority for any stimulus plan in the future. Thankfully, relief appears to be on the way with President Biden’s proposed stimulus package, which includes:
- $15 billion in grants—not loans—for small business employers.
- $35 billion in low-interest loans for small businesses.
- An extension of the PPP program, with $284 billion in loans.
If you are a small business owner looking for help to stay afloat until the virus is under control, here are some great resources to explore:
- Applications for renewed PPP program are now open for both first-time and repeat applicants.
- The Sacramento County Economic Development office maintains a helpful website for small businesses.
- Business owners should stay in close touch with their SBA-approved lender to take advantage of the latest developments. Click here for a list of area lenders.
For small businesses local to California, here are some resources specifically for you:
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program.
- California Rebuilding Fund.
- Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program.
If you are looking for additional help navigating your financial options, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Empyrion Wealth Management (“Empyrion”) is an investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Information pertaining to Empyrion’s advisory operations, services and fees is set forth in Empyrion’s current Form ADV Part 2A brochure, copies of which are available upon request at no cost or at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov. The views expressed by the author are the author’s alone and do not necessarily represent the views of Empyrion. The information contained in any third-party resource cited herein is not owned or controlled by Empyrion, and Empyrion does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information that may be found in such resources. Links to any third-party resource are provided as a courtesy for reference only and are not intended to be, and do not act as, an endorsement by Empyrion of the third party or any of its content. The standard information provided in this blog is for general purposes only and should not be construed as, or used as a substitute for, financial, investment or other professional advice. If you have questions regarding your financial situation, you should consult your financial planner or investment advisor.